Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Wannabe Boy Racers

Mohammed Al Munsef

It happened when I was teenager of 16 years old. I was driving my car slowly on street at midnight and my uncle was with me. His name is Ali. He is the same age as me. We were listening to pop music and we put the volume higher, so that every one could hear it, even from far away.

After a while a sports car passed me, and my cousin said to me this car could not pass us. When he finished talking I told him to put on his seatbelt. I changed the speed from 80 K.M to 190 K.M an hour to catch the sports car. We were nearly catching him, when the driver who drove the sports car saw us coming fast. He turned on his signal light, which meant he wanted to race with me.

At that time, we stopped at the traffic light to start the race to the end of the street. When the traffic light went green we drove very fast and we were at the same speed and I drove my car like a racing car but my car was not a racing car. That's when the accident happened.

I stopped to check the people who had the accident to see if they were fine or not. They were good but were a little dizzy because they hit the steering wheel. We took them to hospital for a checkup. The doctor said they were fine and just needed a rest.

Unfortunately, the hospital called the police. When the police came to ask us about what happened. We almost said every thing. They said we should have to go to the police station. They just gave us a fine. It cost $300. They said do not do it again or we will take your cars and put you into jail for one month.

Was almost lost our lives in this race and other people who did not do anything at all could have lost their lives because of us. We were like crazy boys. We did not actually know what we were doing at that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment