Tuesday, November 17, 2009

So you think you know what's good for you?

Mohammed Al Munsef

It is a truth that there are a lot of things you can do to become well. For example, playing sport, running, walking and eating fruit everyday. However, others things can be bad for us like smoking, watching television for a long time and also not doing exercise. In my opinion, if you care about your health, you are going to do the right things to be well.

These days, I usually do not do a lot of sports. I always walk for 15 minutes every day before I go to school. Also on the weekend, I do some activities with my friends. Sometimes, we go to the gym to play basketball or go for a walk for two hours along St Kida beach in the morning. We have walked up Signal Hill for 4 hours, and then went down.

In Saudi Arabia, I played football with my friends every day but now I do not play it. Sometimes if the weather is bad I do not exercise outside. I do a little at home like working out.

What do we actually eat in our lives? It is important for us to know what we eat? Is it good or bad for our health? It is most important to have breakfast in the morning because breakfast gives you a chance to start each day healthily. It also lays the foundation for lifelong health benefits. Nowadays, I often eat breakfast. When we eat breakfast, we are likely to get vitamins and minerals and also have better concentration and productivity throughout the morning. It keeps our brain working all day.

There are many diets and the general consensus is that the following food types are good for our health: Fruit and Vegetables, Raw foods or food that is cooked as little as possible, Complex carbohydrates, Essential Fatty Acids (Fish, Nuts, Seeds) and Protein, These foods are considered by most experts to be bad for you: Refined carbohydrates (White Bread, White Rice, White Pasta), Sugar and Saturated Fat.

So it should be as simple as eating more from the first list and less from the second and we are well on the way to healthy eating. But of course it is not that simple because we want to enjoy our food and feel full after we eat.

5 comments:

  1. Balance the diet and do some exercise are very important. Good suggestion. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mohammed,
    You said "Nowadays, I often eat breakfast" So,it's mean you didn't eat breakfast before?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i gree your opinion that we enjoy the feeling full after meal.

    ReplyDelete