Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Glass In the Swimming Pool!

Afnan Khadawurdi

A mishap occurred fifteen years ago when I was studying at primary school. Every holiday in the summer we used to spend with my family, aunts and cousins. We often went to another city near my city. Called Jeddah. It is on the red sea cost and it has a beautiful beach. One holiday as usual we went to Jeddah with my family and my cousins. We spent around seven or six days in a nice house. By the way every day from the morning we swam in the sea then we took a rest in the afternoon. After that we completed the swimming in the swimming pool.

One day in the afternoon when we were swimming in a swimming pool one of my cousins who was 3 or 4 years old was drinking a juice. After he finished he threw it into swimming pool and as a result it broke. My cousin didn’t know about the bottle and she walked on it.

I was swimming beside her and I saw the color of water change to red around her. I asked her what is this color around you? I thought it was the color of the juice. Then she told me that she felt a pain in her foot. I told her to get out of the pool. After we got out I saw the scariest picture I have ever had. Her right foot was bleeding and had a very big cut maybe 8 or 10 centimeters. She cried and I went to call my father and my uncle. I was very afraid.

Then they took her to a hospital and put 15 stitches in her foot and she couldn’t walk on it for one month. I don’t like remembering this mishap. It is the worst experience in my life.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Afnan
    I can imagen this setuation it is difficult.
    thank you
    fatmah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Afnan,
    I think that when you are children sometimes the bad things that happen to you are very difficult to forget. I remember that, when I was child, blood escared me. In fact, it had to be a disageedable experience for you.
    Araceli

    ReplyDelete