Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Accidents Do Happen

Yuko Iwata

The accident happened on Saturday morning. On the day, some of my friends were supposed to come to my place for lunch, so I had been very busy since the morning. After cleaning the room, I found that I needed to go shopping to the supermarket. Then I went out from my house in a rush. There were two cars in front of my house and all of the doors were opened widely. A few boys who looked University students seemed to be moving. I said, “Hello” and jumped into the car, but after a 10 meter drive, soon I noticed that I didn’t have my purse. I drove back but I couldn’t pull my car over to near my garage because of their cars. I had to park in the corner on the small grassland by the roadside. I took my purse and started my car again. Suddenly, I heard a big strange noise. It sounded like a snapping on a branch. I stopped the car and got out. There was a small but thick wooden stake in the grass. The left hand side of the front door of my car was crushed and dented. I hadn’t recognized there was a stake in the grass until that time. Oh My God! My car, a new TOYOTA, I had driven for only 2 months.

The boys flocked around my car. One of them was very kind and coached me how to release the car from the stake. He also told me where I should bring the car for repair. Anyway, I said, “Thank you” He said, “It’s OK. Have a nice weekend.” I answered in a small voice “It’s impossible……” But, to tell the truth, I wanted to say, “If you hadn’t parked your cars in front of my house, I wouldn’t have had such a mishap! “

5 comments:

  1. Hi there
    it is an interesting mishap, you are kind indeed women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry about that your new car was broken. Maybe you need to think some ideas to solve the problem

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Yuko,
    It is bad thing for your car but the most important it is your health and you fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Yuko,
    it was a bad situation! I hope you enjoyed with your friends.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Yuko,
    I’m sorry about what happened with you car. I hope that the reparairs wasn’t very expensive. Sometimes these accidents happen when we have a lot of rush or we are worry about something.
    Araceli

    ReplyDelete