Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Story of a Morning

Hussain (Sayed) Al Sadah

When I was a final year student at my high school I remember that I had to do a presentation to be ready for university in the future and to be fluent. When you do a presentation in advance.

One day my teacher asked me to do a presentation about advice for any one who will study at university. In that time I was thinking of giving my classmates some advice about how to deal with the lecturer and your university classmates.

The second part of my presentation was ‘being late is a serious problem and there are no excuses for that’.

As I remember I was ready for that because I already knew someone who was a student at university so he helped me in my subject from his experience and I found everything was ok.

Three days before the due date of the presentation I practiced my presentation in front of my sister and brother four times so I was just waiting for the presentation due day to do it in front of my teacher an my classmates.

On the due date I was so happy and ready for my presentation at the same time and as usual I had to drop my younger sister and brother in front of their school before going to my school but something happened by coincidence. My young brother had left his bag at home and he realized that when he was ready to go out of the car to go to his school then he noticed that he was light, which is unusual for him when he goes to school.

He asked me to go back home with him and pick up his bag and that was what I did. In the same time my mother saw his bag in the living room and realized that her son had forgotten his bag so she called a taxi to go to his school and that was at the same time I was going back home and she took the taxi before I arrived. My brother got out of the car to go and look for his bag and he spent a long time searching for his bag and he was screaming for my mother to ask her about the bag but there was on answer. I decided to drop him back at his school again without his bag. When I arrived there I saw my mother holding his bag and ready to jump in to the taxi to go back home. By good fortune she saw me and came to give my brother his bag.

I went to my school 15 minutes late and all my classmates were waiting for me to do my presentation, that is talking about there is on excuses for being late at all. So all the people who were listening to me thought that I was hypocrite.

No comments:

Post a Comment