Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Drama In The Garden

Fatmah Al Naser

One year ago I visited my grandmother with my children. She lives in Jeddah which is a main city in Saudi Arabia, the city where my mother was born. She has a big beautiful house with a huge garden and a lovely view in a beach. Her garden has many kinds of followers and many colors of trees. It is an amazing place. She always spends a long time playing with my children and they love her very much.

When we arrived in Jeddah she had prepared a B.Q party in her garden. The weather was very nice that day and the kids enjoyed, they were happy.

During this time my grandmother took my sons and she started to play with a ball with them. After that my son threw the ball strongly to her then she fell down and she could not stand up because she is an elderly woman. She has asthma and high blood pressure so she could not breathe and my children tried to carry her, but they could not and she shouted "help me.. help me!" But no body heard her. After five minutes my son came to me and told me that my grandmother needs help. After that I ran with my son to see her on the ground, and she could not speak. I called the ambulance and I tried to carry her but she is very heavy. I was very panicked and my children were crying and afraid. I could not do any thing for her, then I cried with my children.

Finally, the ambulance arrived and took her to a hospital. She spent three days at the hospital. Now she is fine and I miss her very much.

I learned from this situation to stay with elderly people all the time and look after them especially if they have health problems.

4 comments:

  1. How nice ! Your grandmother is very well . Young people really need to stay with old men and ladies if they have free time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fatmah,
    I can understand your fear very well. Because, I was a "grandmas'baby" and I was loved by my grandmother until she died at the age of 95 years old. If I had the same experience, I would upset like you. I wish your grandmother happiness and health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Fatamah,
    I'm very sad about your grandmother and i think you must leave your children alone with your grandmother because maybe they dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Fatmah,
    I’m glad that your mother is fine now. Really you got a terrible fright. I try to imagine your mother in the floor and your children crying. In your situation I had broken into tears too.
    Araceli

    ReplyDelete