Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Introducing Myself

Fatmah Al Naser

Before we start studying together, I thought it would be a good idea to introduce myself briefly to you, to let you know why I am here at the UOLC and tell you what my goals and my expectations are.

I was born in Riyadh, which is the capital city of Saudi Arabia. It is a big town and has a large population. I am married and I have children. I have a bachelor’s degree in mathematics and a postgraduate diploma in education. Also I have work experience in teaching and in management. I have completed many short courses in different subjects.

When I was a high school student, I met a great teacher who changed my thinking about everything and lead me to think in a different way. She always told me if you systematically think about a solution, then your problems will be solved. She made a difference in my life.

In my free time, I read short fiction stories and spend time with my husband, my son who is four years old and my little boy who is only two years old.

Now I am here at the UOLC to study and increase my knowledge of the English language, and I understand that learning another language is not always easy. For the next two years I am going to study for a Master’s at University of Otago.

Finally, I would like to say to my classmates, enjoy learning the English language and you are lucky because you are here at the UOLC and this is your chance to make your life better. Also, focus on studying the English language and use all the facilities in this building to help you to learn new skills and practice what you learn in class.

Thank you

Fatmah Al-Naser November 4 2009

2 comments:

  1. Hello Fatmah,
    I’m glad to meet you. You have a wonderful family and I believe that you have done a lot of interesting things. You are a pleasant classmate and I wish you good luck in your studies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fatamh,
    I'm very happy to study with you this course I always want study with another Saudi student.
    I like your children and they are very polite like you
    I hope to be this course very enjoyable together .

    ReplyDelete