Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Motivated by the Love of a Mother

Hussain Al Sadah
My name is Hussain Al-Sadah but everyone at the Language Center calls me Sayed.

I look a little bit older than what I am so some students think I’m 25 years old and others think I’m even older than 25. However that is because sometimes I have a really big moustache and most people can recognize me once they see my moustache. However I am just 23 years old.

Sometimes I wear rings on my fingers so people think I’m married, but I’m not.

One of the remarkable things about me is I’m the longest-standing student at the Otago Language Center; I have been studying here since 2006. I stopped studying at the Language Center for one year in 2007. I did that because my mother was sick and I had to go back to my country which is Saudi Arabia and help my mother until she got better. However, she is okay now.

If she had not gotten better I would have been with her to help her all the time for good, not because she is my mother but because she is the one who influenced me and taught me from her experiences of life. So being with my mother is kind of giving back some of the courtesy I have received from her.

My inspirations of her can’t be written in a few pages. I really love her and thirst to see her once I get the chance to go back to my country. The reason why I’m far away from her is I want to have a good degree in my major, computer science, at the University of Otago.

It is really hard to be far away from your parents but I want all my classmates to know that your parents will be more happy for you when are far away from them and making a good success in your life rather than being with them in the same place without any success in your life. So work hard in your study and make your parents happy, to be happy too.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Sayed,
    I read your self-introduction with a lot of interest. You explained everything that I wanted to know. Anyway, I was very surprised to find that you are younger than my daughter. You look cool and your behavior is mature for your age. And I agree with your message. Actually we are away from our parents and sometimes we feel lonely, but once we achieve our dreams, our parents will be happy.
    Then I understood that you love your mother deeply and your mother is a happy woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sayed,
    It’s nice to meet you. Your parents sound nice and I can understand why you miss them. I hope that you are lucky in your studies and that you achieve your goals.

    ReplyDelete