Monday, January 18, 2010

The Power of the Mind

Fatmah Al Naser

Nowadays, in many countries governments start to concentrate on the human being as the source of power for countries. The science of self development has started in the last few years in education.

This kind of science focuses on human study and explains the difference between people and why we can see for example two brothers grow up in the same environment and under the same conditions, but one of them is smart and the other one is a normal person. In my opinion the first one understands himself clearly and he works to improve his mind and he really knows himself very well, so he becomes different.

One day I read about the human brain and how we can discover the power of the brain and that we use only five percent of our brain power and the remainder is unused. Also I read about photoreading which is kind of reading skill and the brain is able to take a photo of every page in a book in a few seconds, and then the person is able to read the whole book in minutes and will also be able to remember the numbers of the pages. When I read that for the first time I could not believe it, but when I researched it on the Internet I found many topics about photoreading and how can we improve our reading skills. This kind of reading is what we really need in the ILETS exam.

4 comments:

  1. Hi,
    i think this is a little bit true
    but completely agree with IELTS exam.
    thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this journal because it is really interested thing
    of course, it is an amazing that some people can remember a lot of things in the same time but I believe everyone can do it if we really intend to do it. It is possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Fatmah,
    it is very interesting information about mind and reading i think you will use this idea in your IELTS test also i will do it.
    Good luck in your test and do the best
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Fatmah,
    I think, like you, that photo-reading could be a very useful skill for me in my IELTS exam too. I agree with you that for a lot of things unknown in the past, now, science already has a plausible answer. And knowing how brain works is a clear example of this: as times goes by, science knows more things about the brain, things that, years ago, seemed incredible.
    Araceli

    ReplyDelete