Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Advantage of Meeting in the Flesh

Afnan Khadawurdi

I like forming new friendships especially since I came to New Zealand because there are a lot of international people from everywhere. As a result I can learn and I get to know plenty of information.

After I came here I wanted Arabic people to talk with and I felt homesick and strange in this country. Then I met a lot of Saudi girls who encouraged me and I felt nearly the same as in my country.

I like meeting friends in a public place such as in school, homes, gardens and university because I can see them and talk with them. I also can form ideas about them. On the other hand I don’t choose to meet new friends on line chatting on Skype or MSN because I can’t see them very well.

I really like friendships because sometimes we need someone to talk with or some advice about something.

6 comments:

  1. I agree with you, friends are in every where and meet people in school or university are better than meet them in computer.
    sometimes, I felt homesick the same as you but we shouldn't feel homesick too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Afnan I realy interisting when I read your journal
    I agree with you we need friends because we need someone to talk with or some advice about something.
    thank you
    Fatmah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi afnan, I agree whit you and I like your idea about meeting new friends here, at the language centre! Me too I met lots of new friends here from different country and I enjoy it! I am really happy to met you and became your new friend...
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Afnan
    So interesting that you talked about your experience about making friends here. It's quite ture that we are easy to get homesick when live abroad. But friends can help us and share happiness and sorrow with us.So we won't feel bad and lonely.And it shows how important friends mean to us.
    Best wish to you!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Afnan,
    I agree with you when we are far of our home, our family and our old friends, it’s a great idea find new friends. I also think that these new friends can help us a lot if we need somebody with whom to speak about our problems or our feelings.
    Araceli

    ReplyDelete
  6. o, sometime, I feel the same feeling as you felt living in Dunedin , homesick , strange. Although, you don't like using internet to meet friend, you have lots of friends ,who can talk with you , share happiness.

    ReplyDelete