Monday, January 11, 2010

Fame: Some Reflections on Ben Bernanke

Mustafa Al Saeed

Fame is important for me because I should be a good person; a person who is long remembered, especially by my family, as charitable.

As for some people, when others remember them they directly start swearing. I do not really follow celebrities’ lives zealously, however I would like to know how they got their starts, if they are smart or not, and I like to read wise sayings and aphorisms. I read and watch the news so I have just been watching politicians and other people who make important decisions. I do not like actors and singers. I am keen to know who the Man of the Year in the Forbes magazine or Time magazine is. Every month I seek on the Internet about the best men to find some good ideas and use them in my life. I found Ben Bernanke was the Man of the Year in 2009, and I read about him to find how he became a force more powerful than Obama, Hu Jintao (China president), and Medvedev (Russia president). Furthermore he is not very famous like many others, he is not known. I have found something amazing about this man, I could not forget him because even the Congress could not do anything for him nevertheless he slams it every time, also if he talks about the US dollar, the global share prices change. He is the president of the Federal Reserve Bank. He does not fear anything. Also, he is frank. Last time he said the world would probably face another financial crisis, because the USA has been printing trillions of dollars. “That's it” he declares to the entire world about that and no one says anything to him.

I read about every smart human that I have been seeing on the news several times on a lot of channels or in newspapers. Sometimes if I think it is wasting my time I leave it directly.

On the other hand, sometimes there are no benefits from looking to celebrities. I don't face any problems with my friends or in the class because I do not know some people that are very famous according to my friends' opinion but not in my opinion.

3 comments:

  1. your journal is a interesting thing and I think you really like reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mustafa,
    I am of the same opinion. Not the best people are the most famous. I think that very good people live in the anonymity, whereas a lot of celebrities live in and of fame without having done anything important. Maybe is better admiring somebody for his actions and achievements than for his fame.
    Araceli

    ReplyDelete