Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Making & Maintaining Friendships

Meiti Here Iotefa Stergios

I think that there is no best way to meet new friends. You can meet them anywhere and any time. Most often one meets friends at school or at work, places where there are lots of people. It is also possible to meet friends in a sports club or by organizing activities. The way most used by young people in order to do it is the Internet! Several sites enable people to meet and to make friends worldwide. I think that it is a really good idea and it also allows us to stay in contact with friends and family, and matters in the world! It's quick and efficient. I use it too and I'm sure that lots of students in the Language Centre also use it. It's also possible to make friends at a party or by the way of our friends. Pubs, bars and coffee shops are also known for meetings, because many people go there.

To maintain a friendship, I think that it must always be necessary to stay in contact, to be called from time to time or to exchange emails. However, for friends living in different countries, exchanging letters or speaking to each other online seems to be a good idea to prolong a friendship. I also think that doing activities with friends, such as going to the cinema, going shopping or having lunch together nurture our friendships and make sure they're long lasting. Having a party with friends also allows the support of friendly relations and at the same time, is also allows one to meet news friends. In my country, there is a party to gather all old students of a school to remember old times.

6 comments:

  1. Hello Meiti,
    I enjoyed reading your topic and i agree with you about go with friend outsaid is more interesting i do this also with my friend here.
    Thank you.
    Afnan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meiti I realy like your idia about friends
    and friend is amazing thing
    thank you
    Fatmah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, friends is in every where and we can meet and learn them by a lot of ways and I like your ideas because I usually hung out to my friend to do many activities together a few days per week when I lived in my country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Meiti
    Good job!
    You explained us how to make friends and maintain our friendship concretely. And I agree with you that school is the best place to make friends.
    Thank you!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Meiti,
    I think also that Internet is a very good system to keep in touch with our friends or family if we are far. It’s a way of contacting with other people, like you say, quick and efficient, but also very cheaper. Thanks to Skype and the e-mail I can keep in touch with my family and my friends, to whom I miss a lot.
    Araceli

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah,there's not the best way to meet a new friend, but the way of making friend is in anywhere ,anytime. Actually, we can do a lot to make a friend. Keeping in touch with friend i think is very important to maintain a friendship.

    ReplyDelete