Monday, January 18, 2010

A Miraculous Healing

Afnan Khadawurdi

I believe in the supernatural but I think this is a gift from God because he can do everything for people. He created them and gives them eyes, ears, a mouth, a brain and everything in their life. In my religion I believe that God can make me a successful person. He also can cure me from illness so I ask him for every thing I want.

I will tell you a story about that. In my country a lot of people every year have cancer. My friend told me a story about her cousin. One day when she woke up she saw in the mirror a swelling in her throat. Every day it became bigger than the day before. After that her family took her to a hospital. A doctor arranged blood tests and x-rays for her and told her she had a cancer in the throat, or more exactly in the thyroid gland. And they could do surgery but the problem is when they cut out the cancer they could cut the vocal cords and then she wouldn't be able to talk again and she was 20 years old and this was very difficult for her. And the doctor told her she had to decide very quickly because the cancer was spreading very fast. She went home and thought. Then she decided to go to Mecca, the holy city in Saudi Arabia and stayed in the holy mosque in it for one month. Every day she prayed and asked God to cure her from the cancer. She also drank the holy water called Zam Zam. After one month she went to hospital and received another blood test and x-ray. When she saw the doctor, he was amazed with her result. He told her the cancer had gone and she didn’t have to have surgery.

I was very surprised when I listened to the story but I remembered God can do everything impossible.

3 comments:

  1. In my opinion, It is difficult to believe that she doesn't have to operate in the hospital but this is an amazing thing and also a good thing too.
    sometimes, impossible thing can happen in the world. I believe so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Afnan
    I agree with you God can do everything for us but the important think what we believe about God
    it is interesting journal and i really like it
    thank you
    Fatmah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Afnan,
    Thank you. This is really a very nice story. I agree with you that everybody explains things and facts from the viewpoint of his own culture and religion, and any viewpoint, including the scientific, isn’t above others. I think, like you, that the comprehension of things and facts should be accompanied by respect for the way that other people see the world, other cultures and religions.
    Araceli

    ReplyDelete