Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Power of Fame

Chris (Ce) Dong


Fame and fortune, how attractive and beautiful they are.I think no one would say that they don't want to achieve fame and fortune. When I was a child,I even felt that if we don't have fame and fortune, it won't be a successful life. I dreamt of being a celebrity whom everyone knows. But on growing up, I have become more realistic. I know that life isn't all about that. Fame and fortune are not the whole meaning of life. The most important thing is we should live a happy life.


Surely,celebrities are important to me. I feel they are an important part of society. They can be models or idols for us. I have many favorite singers and actors. I often listen to their songs and watch their movies. I also regard some successful persons as models, like Bill Gates.


One of my favorite celebrities is Jet Li, who is a famous kung fu movie star in Hollywood. He was born in Beijing in 1963. When he was young, he was a martial artist and he won lots of golds in matches. He acted in his first film Shaolin Temple in 1982. Then, he became more and more famous not only in China but also in the world. In 1998, Li played a role in his first Hollywood movie, Lethal Weapon 4. In subsequent years, he has acted in lots of popular films like Kiss of the Dragon, The One, and Hero etc. Some of his movies have won a lot of awards in film festivals. So you see, he is really a successful celebrity and many people in China are proud of him.


Without doubt, Jet Li has lots of fame and fortune. But he has never been high-headed. He always says that he just wants a real simple and happy life. Besides, Li is also a kind-hearted man. He always devotes himself to charities. He has founded a charity named 'One Foundation.' By September 30, 2009, it had already collected 181,550,569 yuan. The money is used to help the poor and people who are disabled all over the world.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Chris,
    The story that you explain about Jet Li’s life is very interesting. It gives us a clear example of how it’s possible to help other people being a star. Maybe this case should server as an example for other celebrities who don’t know how to spend their money.
    Araceli

    ReplyDelete