Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Making New Friends at the UOLC

Nitikorn Fongrattanakul

There are a lot of ways for making new friends and there are friends everywhere in the world such as at school, university, office, pubs or bars and the Internet. Before I came here, I only had Thai friends but at the moment, I’m staying in Dunedin and of course, I’ve already made new friends who are from different countries.

In my opinion, travelling is the best way to meet new friends for me. This is a good way to know other people and lots of other things such as culture, tradition, religion, society and so on.

Until now, I’ve studied English here for almost 6 months and I’ve got to know a lot of international friends such as Chinese, Japanese and Saudi people. How have I got to know them? Because I first started studying in the Elemetary class and now, I’m studying in the Upper-Intermediate class, so I have met a lot of friends.

In my view, almost all of them are good and kind people and I should cultivate our relationship by speaking to them and learning about them a lot, so this is a good way to nurture our relationships.

Moreover, I’ve already learnt various habits and got experiences that I’ve never had before and I promise that I’ll definitely maintain this happy time in my life forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment