Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Fame: How I Respond To It

Wayne (Weimin) Li

Fame can make us popular and famous, and we get respect and admiration from those who support and love us. If we get fame, fortune will follow. Therefore fame means fortune, and on the contrary, fortune means fame.

For me, I don’t feel I’m a worshipper chasing celebrities. I won’t be easily influenced, so I am not a person who identifies with celebrities. But sometimes I am interested in some news about celebrities, such as David Beckham, Kobe Byrant and gossip about them with my friends. This is just to kill time. So, you know I am just a member of the audience who watches the latest news on celebs, although I am jealous of their fame and fortune.

To have Fame and fortune is everyone’s dream, so we often focus on those who are famous and wealthy. We admire and chase them because they are what we want to be in the future. Personally though, I don’t support lots of people chasing celebrities blindly, but we can think of it as an interest or a tool for killing time. On another hand, to admire celebs also is a motivation for us to achieve our dream. If people who are already famous and wealthy can do it, why can’t we do it as well as them?

2 comments:

  1. Hi
    I agree with you
    to have Fame and fortune is everyone’s dream
    thank you
    Fatmah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done!
    Your writing is so good and I will learn from you about your literary talent. I also agree with you that we needn't to be a worshipper of celebrities. We can do the same things like them.
    Thank you
    Chris

    ReplyDelete